This article will show you how to remotely reboot your networked Windows computers into safe mode using Bozteck VENM Remote Desktop Manager with the ability to remote control them while in safemode using VNC.
As Systems Administrators, most of us have found ourselves walking into work on a Monday morning with users reporting a widespread malware outbreak. This typically means physically visiting each PC, placing them into safe mode, then surgically removing whatever malware had infected their systems.
Bozteck VENM makes that tedious task a little easier on you by allowing you to reboot those computers into safemode from your own desktop and giving you remote control ability to the affected computers using VNC.
- Bozteck VENM 2015.11.25 or later
- An account with Administrator access to the remote machines
- Firewall must permit:
- TCP 5900 – VNC
- TCP 139 – Windows File Sharing
- TCP 445 – Windows File Sharing
- UDP 137 – Windows File Sharing
- UDP 138 – Windows File Sharing